Did some Googling and came up with evidence that we’re not alone. Until I figure out a way to make resource sections more clear, if you have something to add, chime in with a BRIEF description and a LINK.
1) article re: nun’s abuse by an organization I’ll have to look more closely at SNAP which has been focusing on abuse by priests:
2) Another SNAP survivor’s Network focusing on nuns
More Info from SNAP
4) AND there’s no reason NOT to be aware of a contributing factor, NOT to let them off the hook but to illustrate sexual abuse is EMBEDDED in the Church, here’s an article on how they get as sick as they do!
5) and MORE on that…
6) Here’s another Abuse by Nuns Blog on WordPress, a year old
7) Just to ruin your lunch; More Horrors from Ireland:
8) Holy Moly; some actually paid off!
the 1st 2011 post; may there be many more!
(At this point in my life, I really seek to understand the bigger picture. This is one more piece to the puzzle in my discovery of the culture of which I was a part and victim of.
Here’s that National Catholic Review online
Here’s an interesting overview of current issues, with lots of valuable links.
A whole lot more people are talking. I’m adding these to our archive,
Abuse by Women Religious (nuns and sisters) from SNAP
Catholic nuns also abused children
Lawsuit accuses Montana Nuns of child abuse
Roman Catholic Nuns torture & abuse children at Orphanages VIMEO video
Nuns among worst perpetrators of horrific violence and sex abuse in Jesuit-run schools and missions on Indian reservations
Sexual abuse by nuns may be last taboo (Ann Free Spirit has many entries regarding this!)
I told a lie and the nun beat me repeatedly with scissors’: Child abuse victim reveals his horror past
Catholic Nuns sexually abused children as much as priests (Video)
Nun abuse case held up by kids
Vatican’s worst enemy can’t be stopped
Nuncrimes at Blogspot http://www.nuncrimes.blogspot.com/